Due to COVID-19 it is extremely likely that the events previously scheduled and displayed below have been canceled or postponed. Please check with the event host or venue directly to confirm the event until this notice is removed.
- This event has passed.
World Whisky Tasting with Women Who Whiskey Chicago
February 6, 2020 @7:00 pm-9:00 pm$40
Join us to learn about and taste SIX whiskies from FIVE different countries plus appetizers!
We’re partnering up with Impex Beverages, who imports brands from around the world, at Hush Money (above Mordecai in Wrigleyville), who is lending us their knowledgeable bartenders and some seriously good food: charcuterie, tuna tartare, and mushroom arancini.
We’ll have several stations set up to taste pairs of whiskies side-by-side while learning about them from the experts: Hush Money’s bartenders/spirits archivists Kris and Tom, Impex Beverage’s Joshua (a member of the distinguished Keeper of the Quaich), and the ever-so-knowledgeable Cherish Varley!
Here’s what we’ll be tasting:
- Japan – Fukano Distillery – whisky made from malted and un-malted rice (!!). We’re still deciding which one to feature, but it’ll either be Single Cask, with fruity, red apple notes; OR Sherry Cask, with plum, figs, and tobacco notes.
- Wales – Pendryn Madeira – single malt aged in ex-bourbon, finished in Madeira wine casks, with a palate of black fruits, vanilla, baking spices, and a velvety texture.
- Belgium – Gouden Carolus Single Malt – single malt aged in first-fill bourbon casks, then Het Anker casks (ex-wine casks scraped and charred), with cereal and lemon peel on the nose and honey, pear, and lemon meringue on the palate.
- Israel – Milk & Honey Double Cask – single malt whisky aged in ex-bourbon casks and ex-red wine barrels with a nose of vanilla and citrus fruits and a palate of vanilla, honey and dried fruit.
- Israel – Milk & Honey Lightly Peated Triple Cask – single malt whisky aged in ex-bourbon, ex-red wine, and ex-Islay casks with a nose of malty sweetness, butter and honey; and a palate of light peat, dried fruit, and honey.
- Scotland – Kilchoman Distillery – We’re still deciding which one to showcase, but this is one of wWw President Kelli’s new favorite distilleries. We’ll either have Machir Bay, a mix of 60% ex-bourbon + 40% ex-Oloroso sherry with vanilla biscuit on the nose and tropical fruit with peat on the palate; OR Sanaig, a mix of 40% ex-bourbon + 60% ex-Oloroso sherry with pineapple and white grapes on the nose and dark chocolate with red berries on the palate.
So join us for a fun, informative evening full of whisky exploration! We’ll be tasting six whiskies and having appetizers all for just $40, so you won’t want to miss it.
Ladies and non-binary only please. Must be 21 or older. Tickets required to attend. Refunds available up to 7 days before the event. Please drink responsibly.
Tickets available now, click here!