- This event has passed.
MGP Distillery Whiskey Tasting with Master Blender Pam Soule
November 6 @7:00 pm-9:00 pm$30
We’re tasting all of MGP Distillery’s five whiskey brands with Master Blender Pam Soule, plus starting with a welcome cocktail.
You may not have heard of MGP Distillery, but you’ve probably tasted their whiskey.
MGP in Indiana is behind more than 50 whiskey brands (!!), who source whiskey from MGP and sell it as their own. (Angel’s Envy, Belle Meade, Bulleit, George Dickel, High West, Redemption, Sagamore, Templeton, and Whistlepig are just a few.)
But in 2016, after decades of perfecting how to make whiskey, MGP Distillery decided to introduce their own brands. And that’s what this event is all about: tasting MGP Distillery’s whiskey with Master Blender Pam Soule.
Pam is bringing her whiskey expertise to teach us all about MGP Distillery and the details behind their whiskey. After a welcome cocktail, we’ll be tasting these five whiskeys:
– Rossville Union Straight Rye – the nose is spicy with clove and pine notes; the palate is heavy on caramel, vanilla, and toffee notes with a hint of smoke.
– Rossville Union Barrel Proof Rye – one of the few high proof ryes on the market (bottled at 112.6 proof), the nose has lots of pickle notes while the palate has bold spiciness with hints of smoke and baking spices.
– Eight & Sand Blended Bourbon – “Blended whiskey” has a bad reputation but MGP knew they could make one worth drinking, so they created the legal definition of Blended Bourbon with 51% bourbon. It’s a blend of bourbon, rye, light whiskey, and corn whiskey, perfect for cocktails (and cooking!).
– George Remus Straight Bourbon – the nose is reminiscent of rye but the palate has notes of burnt sugar, caramel, hints of dill, with cinnamon and chocolate.
– George Remus Repeal Reserve Series III – This limited release changes yearly, allowing the master blenders to play around with it. We’ll be some of the first people in Chicago to be tasting the Series III! The nose is full of vanilla and maple with caramel, while the palate has candied fruits, smoke, leather, and spice.
PLUS Warehouse is giving us a discount on all the bottles we’re tasting so if you like something you can buy it right downstairs. (And Master Blender Pam Soule might even sign it if you ask nicely!)
This will be an awesome event and a rare opportunity to meet Pam Soule, so you’ll definitely want to be there!Ladies and non-binary only please. Must be 21 or older. Tickets required to attend. Refunds available up to 7 days before the event. Please drink responsibly.
Get your tickets now, click here!